Linking Linea to Ethereum Transactions for Native Bridge Withdrawals

Hi everyone,

I am analysing Linea transactions, specifically around native bridge transactions. I have a couple of questions regarding how to trace and link transactions between Linea and Ethereum:

1. When withdrawing ETH or other assets from Linea to Ethereum, how can one link the transaction on Linea to the corresponding Ethereum transaction? Is there a message ID, hash, or another identifier that remains consistent between the two chains?

2. Similarly, how can I link the Ethereum transaction where the withdrawal happened to the resulting transaction on Linea?

3. In terms of batch transactions: and settling on Ethereum - sequencer play a role here. How is it possible to access sequencer data similar to node data to verify the transactions?

Any insights or resources on how this linking works between the two chains would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Hi to answer your questions:

1. You can look at your address on etherscan to check Linea bridge transactions when claim happens manually or automatically you’ll see the tx on etherscan.io
  2. You can check your address on lineascan again and see Linea transactions
  3. Sequencer isn’t decentralised at the moment you can only see a mempool of pending transactions

Please let me know if it answers your questions

Thanks for getting back!

As a developer, if I wish to connect Linea L2 transaction to L1 transaction - similar to etherscan - any specific direction to get that linkage?

Hi are you familiar with this page: Message service: technical reference | Linea