Concerns and Recommendations for Enhancing User Privacy and Security on Centralized Linea Platform

I am writing to express some concerns regarding the current system and partnerships you have in place. Firstly, I want to address the issue of privacy. The mandatory use of KYC (Know Your Customer) processes raises concerns about user privacy and data protection. Many users, including myself, value their privacy and are uncomfortable with such requirements.

Secondly, the use of XP or LXP Points does not align with the interests and needs of all users. While some may find these rewarding, others might not see them as a necessary aspect of the platform, especially when considering privacy concerns.

Another critical issue is the security of partnerships and integrations with third-party wallet providers. There seems to be a lack of thorough security checks before establishing these partnerships. This oversight could potentially expose users to risks, such as malicious signing activities through interfaces like MetaMask.

I believe these issues need immediate attention to maintain trust and ensure the safety of all users. A reevaluation of your privacy policies, reward system, and partnership criteria would be greatly beneficial.

‘WE DON’T NEED XP, LXP, OR SOME POINTS TO RISK OUR WALLETS & PRIVACY, MAKE LINEA DECENTRALIZED OR GO OUT OF CRYPTO.’

BY THE WAY TEAM ON DISCORD IS VERY BAD WITH KNOWLEDGE OF 0. THEY EVEN DONT KNOW HOW TO HELP OUT DEVS XD (ALL MEMBERS).

Thank you for considering this feedback. I hope to see positive changes that prioritize user privacy and security.

1 Like

Hey @user1397, thanks for sharing the feedback.

The POH is not mandatory, only if you would like to be eligible to collect LXP. LXP is also not mandatory to be collected, if you do not want to participate in anything for LXP then you do not have to, everything is optional.

The Linea team does a thorough job vetting all third-party partnerships, if you have any issues with any partners you can share with us here and we can address them.

We do have team members in Discord that also help out with devs, but please understand that not all admins have the technical knowledge and expertise to support developers.

1 Like

But you let us do Sign with our Metamask so in short if i lose something you will cover my losses right?

You’ll want to dyor and please choose the projects you want to do 1 from Group A and 2 from Group B if you want to pass the POH:

https://poh.linea.build/